February 20, 2013
Previewing Vanderbilt at Kentucky
Vanderbilt (10-14, 4-8) vs. Kentucky (17-8, 8-4)
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Tip-off: 5:37 CST
MediaSatellite Radio: Sirius 128, XM 200
TV: Fox Sports Network
TV Talent: Clay Matvick (pxp), Joe Dean, Jr. (analyst)
Local radio: 1510 WLAC
HistoryKentucky leads the all-time series, 137-45.
Last Meeting: Kentucky defeated VU, 60-58, on 1/10/13 at Memorial Gym.
Record at Vanderbilt: UK leads 54-27.
Record at UK: UK leads 76-14.
Record at Neutral Site: UK leads 7-4.
Coach Stallings vs. UK: Coach Stallings is 10-19 vs. Kentucky.
ProjectionsSagarin: Kentucky (21) 90, Vanderbilt (100) 78 (4 pts added for home court)
Pomeroy: Texas A&M (89) 71, Vanderbilt (138) 61 (4 pts added for home court)
Vegas odds: Kentucky by 10
Kentucky starting lineup
- PG Archie Goodwin, 6-5, 198, Fr. | 11.6 ppg, 1.2 apg | A much maligned freshman whom Coach Calipari labeled as uncoachable after the Tennessee debacle. Former walk-on Jarrod Polson has been inserted with some success, but Polson is not a scorer and is a defensive liability. Was 0-for-4 from 3 in the Nashville contest.
- 2G Ryan Harrow, 6-2, 175, So. | Played 36 minutes in the Nashville game, and led UK in scoring with 16.
- WF Alex Poythress, 6-7 239, Fr. | Has been up-and-down all season, struggles with foul trouble, is probably a four not a three - but is a superb athlete that VU has no answer for.
- PF Kyle Wiltjer, 6-9, 239 lb, So. | Has the potential to get red-hot from 3, but is being asked to be more of a physical presence with the Noel injury. Was a non-factor in Nashville.
- C Willie Cauley-Stein, 7-0, 244, Fr. | Has basically been installed as the only line of defense inside with the loss of Noel. Very raw, but very athletic. Was 3-for-5 in Nashville, but pulled down a team-high eight rebounds and also had four blocks.
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now for a FREE Trial